Monday, April 22, 2013

Semester Break: Fraser Island and Byron Bay!

For the week long lecture recess, my friend Thea and I went to Fraser Island and Byron Bay! Fraser Island is an island off the coast of Rainbow Beach, consisting of 98% sand and 2% rock. All of the hikes we went on were sand paths, as opposed to the mud/dirt ones I'm used to! So that added a little resistance to all of our hikes. The first day was crap, weather wise, but it was nice to see the island. Days two and three was  phenomenal. We saw so much natural beauty!

Byron Bay was really fun, but much slower than our Fraser Island trip. We went to the beach a lot and looked in all the cute shops. Nothing was a chain, so that gave the town a nice edge. Friday, I went SKYDIVING! It was unreal. Nothing like I've ever experienced before, words can't even describe it! Hope you all like the pictures.
XOXO
SZ

BEAUTIFUL day...

Day two...much better!

Fun group!


Indian Head lookout

So much sand! WITT!


Ship wreck

waterfall lookout

Matilda, our kanga' friend
 

Hanging with Stu




I DID IT

No comments:

Post a Comment