Sunday, February 17, 2013

My Life in Cairns


We arrived here on Saturday and it is now Monday and I have already met so many amazing people! There are quite a few kids from the states, but also kids from France, Rusisa, Norway, and many more countries. We've had a lot of fun getting to know people and just hanging out together. Today, I went to the James Cook Campus for some orientation stuff, and I feel like such a freshman! Setting up my e-mail account, figuring out my "timetable" and all of that routine stuff. The fun orientation activity for the day is a trip to the beach! No idea which beach, but I'm guessing it's close because the time slot is only from 4-6. Hopefully, I won't melt! Almost every Australian I've met makes some reference to sunscreen, sunburn, or sun intensity to me...I get it, people. I'm fair. I've been applying sunscreen often so I should be okay :) The picture of the ENORMOUS bug was the little guy who decided to come hangout with us the other evening. Not only is he huge and scary looking, he hisses! I don't think he could do any harm but it's pretty freaky. Girls down the hall have a dead gecko in their room, so I guess it could be worse! 
Xoxo
SZ


No comments:

Post a Comment